Wednesday, March 15, 2017

The INCOMPLETE flashback



#28September2016
It’s been one month since the #JENESYS2016 1st batch ended but I feel like it just occurred yesterday. A syndrome called “JENESICK” was discovered during this one month period, causing me and other fellow delegates to keep thinking of the memories we shared during this incredible friendship ties program. I seriously got infected by #jenesick as well as #japansick which drives me crazy during the first few days I come back home. I’m not sure how many times per day I need to go through my phone gallery, looking at those photos and selfies taken during the JENESYS days. The photograph seems very lively that it could pull me back in times. (Well, special thanks to LIVE on iPhone’s camera lol). Sounds crazy but true.
I was too excited making new friends and spending my limited times exploring Japan that I was not able to keep a proper diary during the stays. And, after my return, I’ve been so busy with classes, exams and assignments at the same times, with #jenesick spread all over my head. There has never been a day I spend without missing #jenesys though. ;/
So, right now, I spare some time travel back to Japan through my memory and convert those memorable moments in words.
ççç REWINDççç
Day Minus Twenty Eight (-28)
#01August2016
How do you feel when you get to meet 20 new people? Put yourself in my shoes. You had no idea who they are. But you know already that you will have to go on a trip with them all. Well. I felt nothing beside highly expected them to be friendly as I am.
So everyone had to make a brief self intro. It was too early that day. My brain had not fully functioned yet and the situation required me to download their data. #LOL
So there were 11 adults in the team. Some of them are employed at different well-known companies and others are from the Cambodia Chamber of Commerce. The rest are from NUM (National University of Management), PUC (Paññāsāstra University of Cambodia), UP (University of Puthisastra), UC (University of Cambodia) and RULE (Royal University of Economics).
August delivered me these great people whom already became my great friends after running through many unexpected things together.

Days past…
Day Zero
#28August2016
We had to take indirect flight to Tokyo by transiting in Bangkok. We supposed to take off that night and join the program on the next day. Due to the airline’s technical problems, our flight was cancelled and we had to wait for a new flight the next morning. That meant, we were late for the #jenesys schedule. But there was nothing we can do. The airline company cleared things up by sending us to PHNOM PENH HOTEL. It was the airline’s responsibility so we couldn’t refuse. #LOL
Day One
#29August2016
It took us approximately one hour to reach Suvarnabhumi Airport, Thailand. Then, it took us another five hour and a half to reach Tokyo Haneda Airport. And, it took one hour to reach Narita Tobu Hotel by bus. We enjoyed the midnight bus ride and captured the stunning night view of Tokyo.
#JICE staffs welcomed us at the lobby with nametags for each of us. I was given a dark pink nametag as I belonged to Group H. It was time for Cambodian delegates to separate into different groups as the programs will officially starts (for us) after the sunrise. We were allocated to our own rooms with our roommates waiting inside or perhaps already asleep since it was already 1am.
I knocked the door, hoping my roommates are still awake so I was able to greet them properly. If you ever watch “ROOMMATES” the Korean variety show, you would have a gist of the greeting scene. The door was opened and my roommates were there for me. We did ‘hello’, handshakes and smiles. It was awkward at first but after a long talk, we got to know each other better. So I spent my first night in Tokyo with Linh and Tram, my Vietnamese friends who are going to be my roommates till the end of the program.

Day Two
#30August2016
There was a drizzle rain that day. It was cloudy and the sky was so gray. I feel homesick, sad and gloomy, wishing my family was there. That was my first time faraway from home by myself and all these times I was such a mommy's daughter and daddy's girl. That's why i was a bit uncomfortable and need more times to adapt.

This morning was the first time I encountered with my beloved fellow in group H and also other group. Everyone joined the round table and enjoyed the buffet-breakfast. I still remember how hungry i was after leaving my stomach empty for the whole night. If i remembered correctly, I was having a cutie yellowie banana cause mommy said banana will help with constipation (lol).

Then it was time to begin my journey with fellow ASEAN friends. I was told to introduce myself.
"I am Moniroath. I come from Cambodia, and I hope we'll make great friends."
This was how I proudly presented myself, while everyone nodded and responded with smiles.

I took a seat with Tram, one of my roommate. Along the way, we kept admiring the view, the street, the infrastructure, and everything about Japan. The bus took us to ASEAN JAPAN Center. JICE 's President welcomed us with a lecture.

Then we were brought by the same bus to lunch buffet. That was the time when everyone experience real-taste of Japanese food. Some food are good. Some are weird. Some are super weird. But the desserts are all impressive, delicious, sweet and yeah just sweet.

Ohhh and, one of the memorable thing was.... we stopped by and took some photos while the crew walked back to the bus. Our coordinator may have found us a bit naughty and hard to control since, you know, Japan is beautiful in every corner. So, our two blink blink eyes cannot store all of them. We need photography for long time storage. And by we, I refer to me and my Cambodia teammate, Leapseng. Thanks to him, my photography skill became better after the trip lol.

Then after lunch, JENESYS took us to the museum.
"The National Museum of Emerging Science and Innovation". I think i have mentioned my impression in other post so i should not be repetitive lol. I still remember the gigantic mother earth located in the center of the museum and also the robot show.

Way to the hotel, i switched seat with Linh to, you know, feel more comfortable in having kindof Khmer conversation with my Cambodian friend. Taking pictures, pictures, and more pictures. The hotel is located in Shinjuku area, the name was "Shinjuku Washington Hotel". But that night, only 2 teammate could share one room. So I was paired up with Tram.

We went out for dinner with our fellow group H to a vegetarian restaurant that serve pizza and pasta all in vegetarian style. That was fun and PizzaCom-Cambodian-Sick at the same time lol.

Then.... Then... Then.... night-out began. It was already late when Cambodian team unite since each group have different dinner time and location. So, that night our team decided to explore around the Shinjuku area. "Go Get Lost" was our key phrase refer to our exploration lol. I got a chance to eat the real Japanese Taste of greentea matcha ice-cream. hmmmmmm. *deep breath* I forgot everything else. Just remember walking back and have a nice rest after a long tiring day.

Day Three: Osaka is calling.
#31August2016

I woke up early and was surprise with the huge amount of Pokestop surrounding the hotel. In Japan, Pokestops can be found everywhere for you to spin and everywhere you can catch Pokemon, only with internet connection haha.

I have had a healthy breakfast this morning. I am playful, i know, and I make my breakfast set became yellow. Orange juice is yellow. Egg-roll is yellow. Corn soup is also yellow. XD

Then, our bus take us to the Tokyo station where Shinkansen took us to Osaka. Our coordinator said we could see Mount Fuji along the way. So, probably stay awake to witness the beautiful scenery lol. But, i have my own strategy. They said we would see the mount around 9:15 to 9:20 something like this, so i set up an alarm clock for this. Unfortunately, the train was too speedy leads to blur photos. The shinkansen only take us to Shin-Osaka. So we took bus to the center of Osaka. It was lunch time and i was cambodian-food sick. No matter how much you are addicted to JP food, there are times when you miss the homemade food, inspired by mother love lol. And again, we had buffet and i enjoy tasting the desserts available. I just realized I love sweets and also worried about my high probability of having diabetes but who cares, desserts in JP also frutie-healthy XD.

Next, JENESYS coordinators took us to The Grand Front Osaka for shopping times, museum visit and of course lectures. (Pls visit my other post related to JENESYS.)

The day in Osaka was well-spent. After a healthy dinner, we were brought to the hotel. Cambodian team were well-prepared to go out though the hotel location is in the town's outskirt. Never give up the nighttime opportunity, like if not now, when huh? lol




Another night we "GET LOST". We took trains for few stations just to visit a 7-eleven and buy some snacks and ice-cream then catch the last train back to the hotel.
Happy and less homesick lol.





----to be continue----

P.S: This post should have been posted since October 2016. Unfortunately, it remained as DRAFT for over 6 months due to tight schedule and workload.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Traverning - the sum of Travelling and Learning

Today is the 16 th “Busy as a Bee” Day of March 2017. I just finalized my “killer resume” after receiving inspiring feedback from ...